Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hiding from my roots....

I come from a family of brunettes. Take a look at my sisters blogs (Jettara from What was I thinking, and Nettie from Singing a Verse of My Song) and you will see from their photos that my family has pretty dark hair. I guess I have been hiding from my roots for a long time....over 10 years! My hair was a honey color when I was younger so when I was 15 I decided to go back to the good ol' days of light hair. I decided recently to give dark hair another chance, so I picked out a new style and got a fun new hair cut. And last night I spent 3 hours in the bathroom trying to achieve the perfect color and adding highlights. So here are the results.
Before:
 
After (minus make-up...it was 10:00p.m. when my DH snapped a quick pic after my 3 hour dye job):
 
So I have gone back to my roots. It will take a little while to get use to, but I like it so far. Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. Oooooo, me likes. :) You are so lucky you look good both ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I think it looks so good on you.

    I had no idea you guys were sisters. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a change! It looks great. I like, though maybe not as much as Lei. ;)

    How did I miss that the three of you are sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Lei likes it. He he he. Looks great! I don't think I could even remember my true color if I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look very, very nice! It fits you! I had no idea Jettara and Nettie were your sisters. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. huba huba what a change. It WILL take some time to get use to since I am use to the blond hair for all those years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the hair. Either way looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew Nettie was your sis, but not Jettara...

    You look so cute! I am so in denial that my hair is getting darker... I want to be blonde forever... I love the new style too! (calling for a hair appt now)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very chique! I like it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What! You aren't really a blonde?! Get out!

    It looks great! You are so brave to do the highlight thing yourself. I've even had the highlighting kit in my possession, but chickened out. I can't wait to see it person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so cute! It is so fun to see you as a brunette...but hey, I'm partial.

    You said you were going to do it, but I had no idea it would be so soon. How does DH like it? Do your girls even recognize you?

    You look fabulous darling, simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! I don't know why you even said anything about the non-make-up picture...I didn't notice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SOOOOOOO beautifuL! I too went back to dark after YEARS of platinum blond. And it took a while to get used to it - but SO glad I made the change.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your roots are my roots! Of course there isn't much of mine left to tell anymore. I may be partial, but I think you look good either way.

    ReplyDelete