Sunday, July 2, 2006

Finally Content....

I am not usually like this. I usually study something out, think of all the options, and decide exactly what I want before I go and decorate something. Well my living room has been an exception. We have lived in our house for 3 1/2 years, and this was the 4th time we painted our living room. It was originally white when we bought the house and we first tried a brownish color, and I hated it. It made my beautiful bright living room seem like a cave, so we hurried (far too quickly) and painted it a green (Sage #3). It was far too lime, so we painted it again. This time a yellow-ish color (Marzipan). This color was okay and it stayed this color for a long time. Saturday we just finished painting it for the 4th and final (my husband insists on this!) time. We installed crown moulding, a chair rail, and wall frames. I am absolutely loving the new look. The new color we chose is called Rough Terrain....I would love to be the person who gets to name paint! I love the color. It matches perfectly with our sofa, and DH even likes it too. Finally, I am content and happy with my living room. Here are a few pictures ( the colors in the pictures aren't quite true to life, but you can get the idea).

Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

  1. Wow! That is beautiful. I love the colors. So elegant! The crown molding gives it the right touch. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. I love the color and the wainscoting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color and style. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love the new color. Which brand of paint is it? I think the lighter lower portion greatly enhances it and definitely prevents the "cave" feeling. How did you deal with the curved wall edge at the door opening? Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nettie: I don't remember the original maker of the paint color. I just took a sample into Wal-Mart and had them mix it. Going around the curves with the chair rail was a pain! Luckily none of the other molding had to go around them. It took several cuts before DH got the angles right, and a lot of putty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful room. Makes me want to paint my house even more. But I'll just have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! I just love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE IT! The wall mouldings are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Ity. I will inspect it out for real tomorrow. Then bring your roller and come to our house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks great- i love it when it finally feels done- and such a moulding fan here- can never have too much

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is gorgeous! I love the color! Painting is such a pain. I can see why your hubby wants this to be the last time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! You are so talented. I could really use some help with our house right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE IT!!! I love the shadowboxing on the bottom. I tried to get our builder to do that in our Family Room, but he was being a pain about the electrical outlets.

    You have an excellent eye. I would have been afraid to go with a darker green because I am a chicken like that. I LOVE IT! I am going to show J when he gets off work.

    Did I mention I LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous. Come over and do my house (when I get one).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the chair railing and the molding. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is actually bestter than the pictures and she didn't mention the projection theater included in it. What more could a family ask for? Great job DD.

    ReplyDelete
  17. bestter, a new word for Webster. Meaning better than the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely adore that colour! It was so weird, my husband and I went to see a house over the weekend, and the master bedroom was painted in a colour that looks EXACTLY like this, and I thought of this blog.

    ReplyDelete