Friday, July 7, 2006

Playroom....

I have just spent the last couple of days watching my neices and nephew while their mom went to girl's camp. We had a lot of fun going to the park, playing outside, doing countless activities, and playing in our playroom. I did everything I could think of to keep all the little ones busy and happy. With my own kids I had six kids between the ages of 1 and 6. They kept me busy! Since I spent so much time in the playroom this week, I thought I would post a few pictures of the room. My husband helped me create all of my ideas for the room. I wanted it to be as 3D as possible. So the trees have texture, silk leaves, and stick out from the walls, we have rocks glued to the walls, and half planets attached to the ceiling. I painted the room to look like the outdoors...with grass, insects, plants, and fury little critters. The room has other fun features, like glow-in-the-dark constellations, a magnet board, and a castle with a slide. It was a lot of fun to paint...but it took forever! My girl's love it, but the neighbor kids love it more. My kids just think that it is normal to have a castle in your basement...they are so spoiled! Well I am off to do some shopping....I am so excited to get out of the house today!



Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. That is the best playroom EVER! You have got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I love it! How would it be to think that having a castle in your basement is normal. Your girls are SO lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Do you hire out your talents?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome!!! Just one question-- where do you keep all your toys? That room is spotless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what talent. I guess I will have to convince DH to go down at sometime no matter what the cost of gas is so I can see all your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!! that is beautiful,lucky kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelah: I have two big closets in the room. They have shelves in them and different storage containers full of toys, games, puppets, etc. The room isn't always so clean. We kind of let the cleaning slide until Saturday, then we put everything away and hurry and vacuum before any more toys escape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE that play room! Your kids are so lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, if I had a playroom like that I'd have it made when it came to entertaining....WAY CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I come play, too! What adorable fun those kids must have in there. I feel like Sleeping Beauty or Snow White with the castles and forest!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I love yours and I am adding yours to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so fun! Those kiddos are so lucky to have you as their mama!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh that is awesome. Can I live there?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you kidding? That is your playroom? WOW!! That is amazing. Really! I cannot believe that you did all of that. You need to go into business girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. itybtyfrog: you are amazing! Love it, love it, love it. I should come to your house for some lessons when I am in UT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously, you should hire yourself out. That is some impressive work - I'm sure there are some not-as-handy parents who would love to pay you for your handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wondered if you were going ever going to show pictures! Just so everyone knows, MY sister did that! And she lets me play in it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, I heart that playroom! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is fab-- so fun!! We'll coem play

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your playroom is amazing!! I wish my kids could have something like that.

    ReplyDelete