Thursday, October 26, 2006

Four Word Meme

I just realized that my last post was a meme too, hope you aren't tired of them yet. Lei at My Many Colored Days tagged me to do a four word meme. These are the words she gave me: Classic, Forge, Home, and Charity.

Classic. This word always reminds me of Stephanie from For Better or For Worse. It was a word that her and her husband use to use a lot when they were first married. I don't know if they still do, but it still reminds me of them. There was also a place that I went roller skating when I was a kid called Classic Rollerskating. I think the only time I really went their was for parties for school or friends birthdays. I remember once there was a father daughter party there. My friend, Angie's, dad couldn't go so my dad took her and I. We had a great time skating around with my dad.

Forge. The first thing I thought of when I heard this word was Valley Forge...I don't know why. Then I thought of the word as an action, something that I do in my own life....I am constantly forging ahead. It means to move forward steadily, and that is what I am always trying to do. And then (I hate to admit this)I thought of a few times when I was in elementary school and needed a progress report or something signed, and my parents had already gone to work, so I forged their signatures by using a receipt they had gotten from purchasing gas....oh the shame...can you forgive me mom and dad?

Home. I love my home more and more all the time. When we first moved here I didn't plan on it being my resting spot, but it has become that...at least for a long time. My husband and I have been remodeling things around our house, and every new project just makes it seem more and more like my home. I have fond memories of my home when I was a child, and I often think about the memories that my kids will take of their home when they leave it someday. Will they remember the holiday traditions and decorations, the colors of the flowers in our yard, the smells from our kitchen, the way it felt to walk in the door after school was out. I hope I am making a happy home for my kids, and that they will have happy memories of it when they get older.

Charity. The pure love of Christ. I am not sure I have much charity. I often grumble when asked to do something. This is something that I am forging ahead on. My neighbor is a great example of charity for me. She is always doing something for someone else (including me). I always think of her when I hear the word charity.

Well those are my thoughts. Now it is time to make some lunch for my kids....I am tired of lunch. What do you feed your family for lunch everyday? I am tired of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, grilled cheese, and macaroni and cheese.

10 comments:

  1. I love the "itybtyfrog" so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kid HASN'T forged their parent's signature at least once? :)
    As for lunches...we've been eating strange foods around here....Ramen Noodles and toasted Peanut butter sammies! It sounds weird, but it satisfies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Meme!

    Cheese Quesadillas almost everyday! Yogurt & Apples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your answers. It brought back some memories of my own.

    We eat all kinds of things from cheesy tacos to cup of noodles, soup, burritos and of course sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Classic Skate when I was a kid! The waterslide was fun too.

    I quickly grew tired of eating the "kid food" lunches too. I don't know if I can eat mac & cheese or Spagettios again.

    Salads, pasta or sandwiches are always good. (Cheese fondue is good for lunch, but you already know that!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I thought my kids were all honest law abiding citizens.

    Another "Classic" is gone. They have totally cleared the area where Classic Skating was and Lelis Transmission. I think the car stereo place and a storage out fit are the only things there clear to the tracks.I am not sure what they plan on building there. I have heard a J.C. Pennys is coming to Riverdale, but I haven't heard where.

    A lady at Sam's Club said she liked Guacamole sandwiches> Kind of sounded good for a change. BUt then I don't eat sandwiches for lunch, just salads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you believe I never went skating at classic even once? I agree, your home is becoming more you every year.

    We eat soup, quesadillas, yogurt, cottage cheese, mac n cheese, spaghetti O's with meatballs, grilled cheese, pb&j, and tuna sandwhiches. The best is leftovers from a yummy dinner the night before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for laying - i think you're the only one that actually responded, lol! perhaps we are all tuckered out by memes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh - and my lunch tips are steamed carrots, cheese sticks, all natural chicken nuggets, tortellini, mandarin oranges... all big hits, here!

    ReplyDelete