Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Halloween Meme

My dear sweet sister tagged me to do this fun meme for halloween, so here goes:

1.What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? I really am not a fan of scary movies, so the scariest one I have ever seen was probably the Sixth Sense. I screamed out loud when that little girl pops up throwing up. I can't even think of another scary movie I have seen. I went to a birthday party when I was younger and they were watching Poltergeist (sp?), and I didn't want to watch it so I spent the whole evening upstairs playing Barbies by myself.

2. What was your favorite Halloween Costume from childhood, and adulthood? The only one I can remember from when I was a kid was a Raggedy Ann costume. It was made of plastic and had one of those plastic masks with the elastic string that goes around your head, and it had a matted bright red wig. I dressed up like one of the 12 dancing princesses when I was in college...that was fun. Last year I dressed up as a witch, but I usually don't dress up on Halloween.

3. If you had an unlimited budget, what would your Fantasy Costume be for this Halloween? Some sort of a fancy queen/princess outfit from the victorian era I guess.

4.When was the last time you went Trick Or Treating? I took the girls out last year....this year I am making DH go instead.

5.What is your favorite Halloween treat? I love candy corn and those little pumkins that come in the holiday mix. My favorite trick-or-treating type candy would have to be the little yellow boxes of Dots. I love them...my DH even scored me a box at his work today and brought them home for me.

6. Tell us about a scary nightmare you had. When I was about five I had a dream that I was on a giant waterbed (you couldn't see the edges). There was a baby deer on the waterbed, and our mean neighbor girl was chasing it with a big butcher knife trying to kill it, and I was trying to save it. The neighbor girl kept falling and stabbing holes into the water bed and water would start squirting everywhere. I woke up screaming and my mom came in and comforted me and gave me a glass of water and a piece of sliced cheese...the weird things you remember huh?

7. What is your Supernatural Fear? My husband and I recently watched some show about ghosts and about this possessed house...it spooked me!

8. What is your Creepy-Crawlie Fear? I hate spiders! They give me the creeps even if I see them coming first. I hate killing them because I am always afraid they will get away and land on me.

9. Tell us about a time when you saw a ghost, or heard something go Bump in the night. I've never seen a ghost. I did feel something go bump in the night once. I woke one night for some reason, and rolled over, and a big heavy hand landed right on my face. I about flew out of my bed! Then I realized it was my own hand! I had fallen asleep with my arms somehow above my head, and they had fallen asleep, so I couldn't even feel that it was mine!

10. Would you ever stay in a real Haunted House overnight?
It depends on if their were large sums of money at stake. I might in that case, but I don't think I would sleep all night!

11. Are you a traditionalist (just a face) Jack O'Lantern Carver, or do you get really creative with your pumpkins? I tend to be a Traditionalist, but I have always wanted to try something different and new. I might spell B O O on some this year since we have a bunch of little ones.

12. How much do you decorate your home for Halloween? I decorate more for Fall than for Halloween. I have pumpkins and leaves in one form or another over most of my house, and I love gourds. I don't like all the spooky stuff for Halloween, so most of my Halloween stuff consists of jack-o-lanterns and scarecrows.

13. What do you want on your Tombstone? I would like to be cremated, and buried with my hubby, so we would probably end up sharing the same Tombstone, so I guess I would have something on their about our life together.

Well I am not sure who has not done this one yet, so If you are feeling up to it, take the challenge, and consider yourself tagged.

7 comments:

  1. I forgot about those candy pumpkins, they are really good. I can remember that tiny pumpkin that you carved at mom's house. You are very creative with pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok your dream? that is strange. I love that your mom gave you some cheese! I'll remember that next time one of mine wakes up.

    And I couldn't sleep for weeks after I saw The Sixth Sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you wrote! Poltergeist scared me crazy when I was younger! Watching it now just makes me laugh!! Hope you guys have a great Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your responses! Did it make it hard to have a waterbed when you were older because of your dream!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a fun meme. I can't stand spiders either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you on the no scary movie thing. I hate to be scared or on the edge of my seat!

    #10 cracked me up... I am so with you on that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tag! You're it! Come here for instructions for a Meme! :)

    ReplyDelete