Monday, October 9, 2006

Flower Fairy Birthday Party

This last weekend we had a flower fairy birthday party for my soon to be 6 year old daughter. It was a lot of fun.

Here is the invitation:


We played two games at the party. One was pin the fairy on the flower, and the other was musical flowers (where I put large paper flowers on the floor that the girls had to hurry and stand on when the music stopped). We also watched some stories and songs off of a fairy movie I got from the library.



I made all of the little girls that attended little fairy costumes that they got to take home with them. I made little green tu-tus, magic flower wands, and flower crowns.



We served cup cakes with paper flower toothpicks in them and punch for dessert. The party was going really well until a girl spilt half a pitcher full of punch all over my dining room. My daughter got lots of fun new things, and everyone seemed to have a fabulous time.

15 comments:

  1. Yikes about the punch, but yay for a fabulous party idea! I can't believe you made them all tutu get-ups. How awesome are you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...every party has a pooper...
    Cute idea though! I would NEVER think of anything like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh- my parents had soemone drop a gallon of red punch on their off white carpet at a fireside once (yeop that required some carpet cut and piece intervention)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just the coolest party theme I've seen! I'm glad everyone had a good time, and I'm sorry about the punch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stain, stain, go away, never ever come again or any day.

    Darling party though! I am taking notes on how to be a fun mom. An area I desperately need help with. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so can't show this to my girls! They would be heartbroken to have missed such an event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! could that be any cuter? (not the spilling punch part).

    your daughter must think she has the THE coolest mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, 6 year old! If we were there we'd sing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How flippin' cute! It looks like they had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute party! You always have such fun themes and make very creative things. It's too bad I can't ever borrow your themes. I don't think my boys would like a fairy party! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun. My girls would love a fairy party. I also can't believe you made all those tutus. The look adorable in them!! What a good mom you are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great idea, the girls look sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been meaning to call you. We got your invitation on Saturday, in a postmaster "we are sorry, your mail got shredded" envelope. I hate the post office! I am so sad we missed it! It looked like a fabulous time! I won't show this to M either, she would be so sad that she missed such a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great party. Tell M Happy Birthday from us.

    ReplyDelete