Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Book Review: An Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life

Our Book Club book for the month was An Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. This wasn't my favorite book, but it was definately interesting. The book compiles random thoughts and stories from the author's life into encyclopedia form. It totally reminded me of blogging. Blogs just don't happen to be in alphabetical order. She is a humorous writer, and some of her entries were very amusing. Some of my favorites were Busy, Humbling, Nothing, and Distraction. I think it would be fun to write a book in this style...starting at the letter A and writing about anything that catches my fancy all the way through Z. So if you are interested in a lightly humorous random book that reminds you of blogging this would be the book for you.

3 comments:

  1. That does sound very interesting. I may have to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could it be that it IS her blog? I've heard of people having their blogs published, but always wondered what kind of odd literary form they might take.

    ReplyDelete