Monday, October 16, 2006

Pumpkin Pancakes with Apple Pecan Topping

This is my all time favorite Autumn breakfast. I have made it twice in the last couple of weeks! I thought I would share the recipe:

Pumpkin Pancakes
1 cup milk
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
2 Tblsp. Oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tblsp. sugar

Mix all dry ingredients together, set aside. Mix all wet ingredients together, then add dry ingredients. Mix well. Pour batter onto hot griddle and cook.

Apple Pecan Topping
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tblsp. Orange juice
2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until apples are tender. Stir frequently. Serve over top of pumpkin pancakes.

YUM!!!

14 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering just reading this recipe! YUMMO!! I'm going to have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! There's no chance this is low fat is it? ;) I had so much fun coming to your house for lunch. Yes, I'd still love the jars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like my kind of food. Maybe I'll be changing my plans for dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum sounds good. I'll have to come down for some. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like something your Dad would do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to make some! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmmm. I have to try this! I'm going to link to this on our recipe blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fab!!

    I'm trying this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you know I was craving pumpkin?!?! Genious, ity bity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You post the best recipes!

    I tagged you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those sound so good. I am coming to the States next week and I am putting pumpkin on my list! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those sound delectable. I will have to put them on the "request" list.

    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete