Thursday, January 24, 2008

Humor at the Grocery Store....

Last night I went to the grocery store and as I was looking over the produce it sounded like a storm started outside. We are talking loud thunder and heavy rain. Do you know that Garth Brooks song that starts out with the thunder and rain and then he sings, "And the thunder rolls...and the lightening strikes." That is what it sounded like. I thought, "Great I am going to have to load all of these groceries into my truck in the pouring rain." And then it happened....




it started to rain....




inside....




on the produce!




I just about burst out laughing. The thunder and rain was just an audio tape that they play to warn you that the produce is about to be sprayed. HA HA HA HA HA!!! I guess the store manager has a sense of humor.

6 comments:

  1. I would have given almost anything to see your face when the water started spraying! How classic! ROFLMBO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giggling that you've never seen/heard that before.... I think it's rather common (at least around here).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love to hear the thunder at the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ddon't think I have ever had that experince before. It sounds real interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the first time I heard/saw that, it was at Harmon's a few years ago. Cracked me up! I thought it was great they gave you a warning to hurry and grab your produce!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a grocery store here that does that too. It makes you wonder how such an idea came to be. (And obviously is spreading!)

    ReplyDelete