Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Year's MEME

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
 Lived without my hubby for 8 weeks.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I ever keep all of my new year's resolutions, but I always make new ones every year. I like to make them because it gets me thinking about the things that I need to improve in and makes me strive a little more to be better. (I will be posting about them in a few days.)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my sister Nettie. My friend, Stephanie. Myself.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Only some skunks.

5. What countries did you visit? None. I was planning to go to Canada, but it didn't happen.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Stability and a place where I belong.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Having my new little baby girl.

8. What was your biggest failure? Making one BIG lousy decision.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, only pregnancy and birth.

10. What was the best thing you bought? My new kitchen table. I love it...too bad it has been in storage for the last 5 months. And my vinyl lettering machine.

11. Where did most of your money go? Moving, paying double bills, and medical bills.

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Building my dream home. Vinyl lettering business.

13. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? Much much sadder.

b) thinner or fatter? Only 5 pounds fatter, but I am working on losing the remainder of those baby pounds.

c) richer or poorer? a lot poorer.

14. What do you wish you’d done more of? scrapbooking.

15. What do you wish you’d done less of? worrying.

16. What was the best book you read? The Twighlight series by Stephanie Meyer. The Princess Academy, The Goose Girl, and River Secrets by Shanon Hale. These is my words by Nancy Turner.

17. What did you want and get? Another girl. My vinyl lettering machine.

18. What did you want and not get? A happy hubby.

19. What kept you sane? Marla

20. Who did you miss? Marla

6 comments:

  1. I love the Shannon Hale books! Have you read Book of a Thousand Days yet? It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year has got to be better, right? I don't think it could get much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there babe. We are praying for things to get better for you in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been quite a year for you, hasn't it! I'm praying that 2008 will be much smoother sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you had the lettering business. I should have known with all the cool crafts you've been doing. You are so creative! I though you'd like these ideas. I found the link in Ladies Home Journal:
    http://www.jilliewillie.com/main.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you a better 2008 as well. I hope life will be much better for you and your family. Loves to all.

    ReplyDelete