Monday, April 3, 2006

Entertaining Cake

We had a party yesterday with my husband's family. I was assigned to bring a dessert. Whenever I have to bring dessert for a crowd, I always think of this cake that my mother use to make when she was entertaining. I call it Cherry Blob cake, but that is not it's original name. It has an impressive appearance, and it is so yummy. Try it.

Cherry Blob Cake

1 box white or yellow cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup water
3 eggs
1 can cherry pie filling
glaze (1 1/2 cups powdered sugar mixed with 2 Tblsp. milk)

Mix sour cream, water and eggs together until well combined. Add cake mix and stir until moistened. Spread in the bottom of a greased jelly roll pan. Blob cherry pie filling on the top in spoon full sized blobs. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cool. When cool drizzle top with glaze. Serves 24 (or cut bigger pieces to serve 18).

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try your "blob" cake! Love the new format! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! So glad you liked the pics. Great recipe. Can't wait to see and try more. I think I'm making this one tonight! ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new format, too! Sounds like this is one of those recipes mom found after I left home. A heirloom recipe I didn't even know about - I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that sounds really good... i 'll propably try that recipe out soon!

    ReplyDelete