Thursday, April 20, 2006

Owlhaven's Monday Challenge

Okay, is it all right to be doing a Monday challenge on a Thursday? I guess I am a little behind this week. Anyway, Owlhaven issued a challenge to take three pictures of somethings from your house that say something about you. So here are a few pictures I dug out of my archives.

This first one is a shelf my DH made for me for my birthday last year. I love him...I can dream up any idea and he will make it for me. I made the embroidered stitchery "Love is Spoken Here" sign because sometimes I forget! There is also a wedding picture of my husband and I and a picture of my DH's family taken at his youngest sister's wedding 3 years ago. The candle holders were a present from a dear friend. I love this shelf and how it is decorated because it pulls from all aspects of my life: marriage, family, friends and the gospel.


This is a picture of my bedroom. I love my bedroom. I especially love my bedding right now. Almost the first thing I do every morning is make my bed. I love to see it nice and neat when I come into my room. I made the floral arrangement over the bed. I love the touch of pink in it, and luckily my husband doesn't mind a little pink in his room. I think my room is so beautiful and I love it because it shows off my soft feminine core.


This is a picture of a decoration I made for my girl's bathroom. I love making wood crafties. This was a fun project because I got to dream up a whole new bathroom decor theme. I love dreaming up new ideas of how to decorate and change things. I made several other flowers to put around the room as well. I love the saying too, afterall, all things do grow with love. It reminds me that my girls are going to grow up so fast, so I need to give them as much love as I can right now.


Well those are a few things from my house that say a little bit about me. I love this challenge. I love to see other people's houses. Your house says so much about who you are. Thanks owlhaven!! Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! You are so talented. You are one of the few people that are as into making your own wood crafties as I am. We need a craft day! Did you cut out your own letters on the bathroom sign, and can I copy it for my daughters bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The letters are painted on. I used a stencil and a paint pen (this was before I heard about vinyl lettering!). Copy away, this would be adorable in a girls bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the shelf! tell yer husband that I'd like to place my order!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! What a pretty house!!


    Mary, mom to many

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well chosen! How fun to get to spy on your decorating from a distance! And once again, your talents amaze me. (And your dh's!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SO creative. LOVE your white bedding. So beautiful! LOVE the red/yellow sign. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed. I am totally lacking in this area. I love your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bedroom is gorgeous! I love it! Man, I wish I was as talented as you. Want to make me stuff? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am lovin' that shelf, too! Lucky!!!

    Glad you participated, even a few days late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That shelf and bathroom thing is really cool! you guys sure make some cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful things. It is so important to surround ourselves with things in our home that are meaningful, and a reflection of ourselves and our families.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your decorating style is beautiful! I need you to come finish up my house decorating... still need a budget though :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of your pictures. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete