Monday, August 28, 2006

Feels like Fall..


It feels like fall at our house. Our pumpkins are orange, and our grapes are purple...

We have been busy this weekend bottling peaches, and drying pears. I still have more peaches to bottle, but not before I snag a few for a pie for Family Night tonight. Yum!!! It looks like the plums will be the next on the list of things to harvest, and then the grapes. Our sunflowers are now all gone. :(


I love fall. Spring and fall are my favorite seasons. I love the cool crisp air in fall, being able to finally use blankets when I sleep at night, getting out all of my sweaters, cuddling with my honey because it isn't too hot anymore, and finally feeling like cooking again. I love the colors of fall, especially when it comes to crafting. I love harvesting all the pumpkins and gourds and decorating our house with them. Oh yes....I love fall!!! Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. those are some of my favorite colors! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall too! Those smells just make me smile!! I love fall for all of the same reasons you described!! YAY! The leaves here are just starting to turn colors...I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew fall was coming when I wished for flannel sheets as I climbed into bed the other night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love fall colors! They are so fun to decorate with.

    I wish I had some of the wonderful food that you have to harvest. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for fall (and not just because it means my birthday's near)!!! I love pumpkin patches, Autumn leaves, cool nights with the windows open....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love fall. I cannot wait to make stew and homemade bread. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! Fall is such a wonderful time of year. I'm looking forward to it, too. Although it hasn't felt like it around here weather wise yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to fall because our temps. in AZ, reduce below 95. ;) But I miss those typical falls one finds else were. I am actually looking forward to planting my second season of garden produce!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some beautiful pictures! The idea of fall is vastly becoming better and better to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make photocards and have some really cool New England ones (email me at patton_ellen@hotmail.com) and I'll send you one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are like, my hero! do you grow all the stuff yourself--pumpkins, grapes, peaches? i'm so impressed. this year i mananged sunflowers, a small garden of cutting flowers and tomatoes. i wanted to can them, but i'm too cheap to buy the things i would need and too afraid i'll do it wrong.

    i do love fall, too. we live in a fabulous spot in new england and i can't wait to apple pick with my boy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kate, My husband is the real gardener in our family. I tell him if he grows it and brings it inside then I will do something with it. I like to play around in the garden, but seldom have the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos! I like fall too, too bad I haven't really had one in 5 years. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. those colors are awesome! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete