Friday, August 11, 2006

Happy Birthday Stephanie...

Today is Stephanie's Birthday (from For Better or For Worse). I thought I would write her a little tribute to wish her a happy birthday. Stephanie and I met our sophmore year of High School. We had a seminary class together and we instantly hit it off. We had lots of fun in that class talking about "tater" and prom dates. Over the rest of our High School years we had fun going on group dates, having slumber parties, going to football games, and other activities. After High School we became even better friends. We worked at a frozen custard place together and had countless hours of fun scooping custard and cleaning. (I wish I had a picture of Steph in her scoopie uniform to post here, but alas, I don't.) We started college together and had fun haning out in the "Lounge of Love"...

going on double dates, sharing our boy troubles, and just having fun together.

(This picture is of us on Halloween when we dressed up as princesses to go to a college dance.) Most of my fondest memories with Stephanie come from working at a Children's Museum together. We had fun wearing funny costumes....

(I have some better pictures than that, but I didn't want to embarrass Steph on her birthday!) cleaning during shutdown, sharing more boy troubles, school tours, and other activities. We also ended up getting married about the same time. Stephanie was my Matron of Honor...

Our friendship has continued to grow since our marriages. We have fun talking about our little girls, our houses, craft projects, and anything else that pops into our heads (seriously, we could talk for hours!). Our friendship has been so wonderful and I am so grateful to have Stephanie as a friend. She is so outgoing, fun to be with, motivated, and creative, not to mention beautiful, caring and absolutely amazing. So here's to you Stephanie....I hope you have a fantastic birthday. I love you tons!

Stop by Stephanie's blog to wish her a happy birthday...there is a link on my sidebar. Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have such an amazing friendship. I can't think of anyone from high school who I even talk to anymore.

    Happy birthday, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am BAWLING!!! Thank you so much Ity! I am the lucky one though! You have been such an angel in my life. I truly believe in guardian angels because of you!

    Everyone should be so lucky as to have a friend like Ity!

    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Val...can't think of anyone from high school that I talk to regularly...except my husband (who doesn't count because I didn't actually know him then).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I had no idea you two were such good friends! Love this world of blog, where we can all hook up with old friends and new ones!!! :)

    (((Hugs to you both)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tribute!! Awww...going to wish her a happy birthday now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a sweet tribute! You two are so lucky to have a wonderful friendship!

    Happy Birthday Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and thank you for using skinny pictures of me! I can't believe I ever fit into that dress!

    You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lucky indeed. The only one I know who can put up with me like that is my big(little)sister.

    We talk about when we're old, our kids are grown and our husbands gone. We're going to live together and pluck hairs off each other's chins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so nice when you find a friend like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet post. You are very blessed to have such a great friend forever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a thoughtful and sweet friend you are! You two are so lucky to have each other as friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cool all those shots! thanks for sharing. Happy B-day Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great tribute. A good friend is priceless. You both sound wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. how fun- don't you love favorite long time friends

    ReplyDelete