Monday, August 21, 2006

Our Love Story...

My husband and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary on Saturday. We had a "hot" date. We went to the temple and to C@fe Ri0 for lunch (if anyone has a recipe for a dressing similar to their creamy tomatillo, pleas let me know!), and we did a little shopping. We have always done the traditional presents for each other for our anniversary. This year the traditional gift was pottery. We bought each other 8 large pots for our patio:

My husband also surprised me with a skirt, shirt, breakfast, and this beautiful bouquet of flowers from our backyard:

He is the most wonderful husband, and I am so grateful I have been able to spend the last 9 years being married to him.

I thought I would share our love story (the very short and condensed version because blogger is hating me today!).

We met in the spring of 1996 in an Institute class. There were only 6 people in the class, and D was the only guy. We both considered dropping the class, but then our teacher made us the class leaders. We took turns organizing and conducting our class devotionals. We talked a few times during this class, but not too much. I thought he was incredibly handsome, so I was pretty shy around him. Consequently, he thought I was a snob and didn't want to talk to him. After the class ended we saw each other around campus and at Institute activities. We talked to each other whenever we saw each other, but we were both dating other people at the time. After our other relationships ended we started talking a lot more. I would "conveniently" place myself wherever I thought he might be. I wanted to ask him out several times, but always chickened out. He finally asked me out, and we went on our first date on February 1st. We had a really fun date going out to dinner and going ice skating. My life was a bit complicated at this time because the missionary I had been "waiting" for came home four days after our first date(that whole situtation could be a whole other post). Well, needless to say, the best man won, and the missionary fell by the wayside. D and I continued dating and we became engaged on May 1st, and we were married on August 19th in the Salt Lake Temple. And life has been blissful ever since...well not completely, but on the whole, life has been wonderful. We have been through some rough trials, but love each other all the more because of them. I am so grateful I am married to the man of my dreams. I love him dearly. Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. I love thinking back on "our love story". Sounds like the best guy did win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, the stories are very similar! Thanks for sharing the story of how you met - I love those - and happy anniversary! I want to see a picture of your new outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very sweet post! I love reading love stories that work out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, nothing better than a good, and true, love story to make my day. By the way congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember when we called Neil and D our "Eternal companions?" That was a fun time. I remember when you figured out his schedule to be in the "lounge of love" and it was so fun to watch the dating dance you two did. You had a crush on him FOREVER!!!

    I cannot believe that it has been nine years. He is the best man. You did good. Happy anniversary! Give D a big squeeze for me.

    Your post just made me take a stroll down memory lane to your first kiss with him. That is a good story!

    And they lived happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Love your pots. And breakfast and flowers and clothes? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary, I can't believe it has been nine years. It just seems like yesterday that I was changing your diapers. lol JK. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy anniversary! You got married the same year and in the same temple that we did-- but we beat you by about 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yaya- i love people's love stories they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary! Those are great pots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the anniversary!!
    I don't know of ANYONE with a perfect marriage...EVERYONE has those ups and those downs...but making it through together is what makes it fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww.. such a sweet story, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe, you got married the same month we did! F-U-N! We are on the 18th, 3 years after you.

    Glad you've had a great 9 years and a happy celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love reading love stories...especially true ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! You make such a great couple together. Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. got this from a friend, happenec upon your blog!

    Cafe Rio Style Creamy Tomatillo Salad Dressing
    Place the following in a blender:
    3 fresh tomatillos, cut into quarters
    juice of 1/2 lime
    1/2 cup buttermilk (or make w/dry buttermilk mix)
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1 package of dry Ranch Buttermilk Dressing Mix
    1 cup fresh cilantro (abt. one bunch)
    5 stalks (1/2 bunch) of green onions w/ends
    2 cloves crushed garlic
    1/2 to 3/4 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. crushed cayenne pepper
    4 tsp. sugar or other sweetener (you might want to taste it w/out first)
    Combine well in blender and refrigerate at least one hour.

    ReplyDelete