Friday, February 15, 2008

Our Valentine's Day...

I thought I would share a little bit of our Valentine's Day with all of you. Here is what my daughter took to school to share with her fellow first graders. They are filled with candy.
This is my lazy version of Blackeyedsue's Valentine's Pillows. I put little things in them for my family every day (and boy did I get in trouble if I didn't have something in there first thing in the morning!) The girls loved this. They woke up this morning and asked why there wasn't anything in their "Pocket of Love". They were quite disappointed that I was only doing it until Valentine's Day.
I made my family pink heart shaped pancakes with raspberry morsels for breakfast. I also made cherry milk. It sure is hard to make a decent heart out of pancake batter!
This is what my hubby got (along with an I-O-U for some new exercise clothes). A bag of chocolates and a little book entitled, "25 more reasons why I love you!!" This is a tradition at our house. When we were dating I started giving him these little books. I have given him at least 2-3 every year since then, so he probably has 20-30 of these. They are fun to read back through and remember the funny things that were going on in our life at different times.
And here is our dinner. Heart shaped pizza. We had red juice and cherry jell-o and corn too. I made a cheesecake for dessert, but everyone was Valentine's Day-ed out by then, so we will save it for another special occasion. I hope your Valentine's Day was great.

9 comments:

  1. I love it!
    You are so awesome! Isn't V-Day the coolest?! I love that your DH gave you a bag of chocolate and an IOU for work-out clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chel...that is what I gave him. I guess it is pretty funny to buy him chocolate and exercise clothes! I didn't even think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a fun mom! I love the
    Hearts on the door with notes in them. I think I might start that tradition next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you the coolest mom ever! So, what did David get for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your family had fun.

    Happy Birthday Ity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are you! I love the pockets on the door...MUCH easier!

    When I do heart shaped pancakes, I spray the inside of a cookie cutter with pam and pour the batter into that. Let it set and pull it off before I flip it. Makes it easier.

    How did you make cherry milk?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what cute ideas. I'll have to remember the pocket hearts. I did not do much this year for Valentines. Lately I have not felt like doing much of anything. I think it has to do with all this snow and having cabin fever.

    Happy B-Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nettie: He gave me two movies, a card, and a bag of Cherry Cordial Kisses...my favorite!

    Blackeyedsue: I will have to try the cookie cutter thing. I will have to buy a metal cookie cutter first though. I made the cherry milk by adding some maraschino cherry juice.

    SHHHHH and The scent of Elsha: Thanks for the birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete