Sunday, February 3, 2008

The tale of the tassel....

While I was reading back through my journal for the little details of our first date I came across another date that I wanted to share. I think it was only our second date (don't worry I am not going to re-count every single one of our dates here!) D came and picked me up and we went to Zuka juice...I don't remember what we got, but it wasn't very good. Anyway, that isn't really why I am telling this story. After we got our juices we went for a drive up the mountain to look at the scenery.

As we were driving D had some tassels hanging from his stereo knobs in his truck and they kept swaying as we hit bumps in the road. Maybe that is why they caught my attention. I noticed one of them had a 95 on it. Now I knew that he didn't graduate from high school then, so I asked him why he had it. He replied, "Because I am going to marry a girl that graduated in 95."


Hmmm....I thought. And then I told him, "I graduated in 95."


Now for the life of me, I don't remember what he said after that, but I just about died. He actually graduated with his Associates Degree in 95 and that was why he had the tassel. It was just so funny that he said what he did, especially since he did marry a girl that graduated in 95!

7 comments:

  1. Talk about insight!! That's a great story, I love hearing about people's getting-together stories. They are all so unique and fun to listen to.

    By the way, your girls are all very pretty. It sounds like they are a lot of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is way funny. Both of my sisters had insite about their future husbands. I sometimes wish I had, then maybe I would not have had as many problems in my life. Loves to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing. It was because he knew he was going to marry you! ;) You two were so destined to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! What a great story--it was meant to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story! That year is all a big blurr. It went so fast! You two are perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like you were sending a VERY strong message. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I bet he already had big plans for you even then! What a fun story!

    ReplyDelete