Friday, February 1, 2008

On this day 11 years ago...

My husband and I had our first date 11 years ago today. I had liked him for ages and had wanted to ask him out several times, but always chickened out. Finally he asked me out for February 1, 1997. He told me what we were doing was a surprise.

He picked me up at my house and we drove to Salt Lake City. We talked non-stop the whole way there. That is one thing that I have always loved about being together. We can talk forever! We stopped at Wendy's for dinner and got kid's meals. We played with the funny toys that came in them...we even still have them! And we did the games on the paper bags they came in.

After dinner we went to an outdoor iceskating rink. I had never been iceskating outside before so it was really fun. It wasn't too cold that night and the skies were clear. It was a beautiful night. I was trying to teach D how to skate backwards (this was really just so I could hold his hands lol!) and I was attempting to do some jumps. Consequently, we both ended up on our bottoms quite a bit. We had some good laughs over that. We skated until they shut down the rink. We hated to go because we were having so much fun.

We drove back to my house, again talking the entire time. He gave me a hug goodnight and left me to dream sweet dreams of him all night. And I have been dreaming them ever since.

6 comments:

  1. I love hearing these stories. You just made my heart all gushy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww-what a sweet beginning! Your little baby is TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made one good choice in that man my dear. How the years have passed so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that it has been that long. The years go by way to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew what you did for your first date. How romantic!

    ReplyDelete