Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me...

Saturday was my birthday. We had a fun day. We drove for 2 1/2 hours to get to the closest big city to do some shopping. We also went out to eat at the Olive Garden...YUMMY!!! It is one of my favorites. DH gave me some new shirts and said I could buy whatever I wanted while we were in the city. I told him I wanted accessories.....
So this is what I got. 4 new necklaces, 3 pairs of earrings, 2 pairs of sunglasses, and a new purse. I very rarely buy myself these kinds of things, so it was super fun to go shopping for them. I have been looking for a new purse for 2 years, but haven't been able to find one I like. I like them to have long straps so I can loop them around my neck so my hands can be completely free for carrying a baby and holding little hands across parking lots. I found this fun red one with a long strap. It is a little smaller than I would have liked, but do I really need to carry all that junk anyway???
My 7 year old daughter asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told her I wanted jewelry and diamonds. So this is what she gave me for my birthday...a cherry cordial kiss (I love these!), one dime and two nickels, a peanut M&M (not pictured...I already ate it), her old necklace, and this large crystal rock thing (this is the diamond I guess). It was so sweet. She was so adorable as she went around the house gathering these things to give me.


8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! You look so gorgeous!!

    What fun things you picked out! I would love to go necklace/earrings shopping. Something I rarely do and I love what you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ity!

    I have your card staring at me. It has been for a week!

    I LOVE that you picked out jewelry! And I am totally drooling over that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday---you are so beautiful and I LOVE your hair. How fun to pick out all those great things! Your daughter's gift is adorable---so, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! What fun presents! And so cute from your daughter. :)

    I love your valentine's ideas-I think I'll steal some of them for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! And, like Gabriela, I am stealing some of your Valentine's ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!

    It looks like you did lots of fun stuff. Accessory shopping is always fun. It is the one thing I always feel guilty buying, so an excuse like a birthday is perfect!

    I love the stuff you got!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy B-lated Birthday sounds like you had a great day!. 2 1/2 to shopping how do you do it?
    Fun accessories I love that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete