Sunday, May 28, 2006

My Life Monday...

I sat down at the computer tonight to have a little quiet time (2 hours of time to myself, since my whole family had already gone to bed). I was going to do Rachelle's My Life Monday entitled "In Memory of...." and post some beautiful pics of my Iris. Well, shortly after logging onto my computer I heard my baby crying. It is pretty normal for her to wake up a while after she goes to sleep. I usually just have to replace the binky and she is off to dreamland again. I went to her room to do just that, but something seemed wrong....okay, something SMELLED wrong. The poor dear had vomitted all over herself, and her bedding. Finally I am back at the computer. In the last hour we have gone through 1 bath, 1 crib sheet, 1 rubber sheet, 1 blanket, 2 sets of pajamas, 1 bath towel, 2 onesies, 1 kitchen towel, 1 changing pad cover, 1 sweatshirt (oh yah, that one was mine....call me the mommy target), 1 wash cloth, lots of wet wipes, and 3 diapers (let's just say vomitting was not her only problem!). A little too much excitement at my house! Now the adorably cute little sick one is lying in my lap sleeping... FINALLY!! My husband has also been sick today. I am hoping it will not spread to my other little girls tomorrow...if it does, My Life Monday will not be so great! I hope everyone's Memorial Day is looking better than mine!

13 comments:

  1. Oh your poor baby! Not sure if you read my post on Thursday, but one of the symptoms of Hand/mouth/foot disease is puking and diarrea. Very sad. Best wishes to you and your baby. I sure hope the other girls stay healthy thru this. (How old is your baby?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! We have 3 family members on antibiotics at the moment, and related diaper issues, but no puking! I really feel for you! Hope everyone feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like that is going around. My youngest was sick all day Friday, then DH got sick yesterday. I hope the rest of us don't get it too. Hope your baby is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ity! I am SO sorry. There is nothing worse than a sick baby, except for three sick babies and a sick husband. I hope it stays contained. Rotovirus is going around this section of Utah. I hope that isn't what it is.

    I will be thinking about you all day!!! I am so sorry you have sick ones. That stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that you have sickies there. Hope all get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little Baby! I hope all the sickies feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so, so sorry. I've been there. The last time it happened my husband was out of town. Juan Carlos barfed in his bed. I brought him into mine and he barfed on me. YUCK. So many, many things to wash. And the smell, yes, always the first clue. ICK. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eww...there is nothing wore than a vomiting bug. I hope you are all feeling better soon, and that you don't catch it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww... I've been sick here as well-- thankfully it's not passed on to anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe natures way of getting back for you barfing down the hall a few years back. Naa, don't wish that on anyone. Hope she recovers soon. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for the kind words and well wishes. DH is doing better and is off to work today. Baby (she is 1) is still recovering...still having strange diapers! No one else has gotten it yet (knock on wood!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh! i hope things have gotten better. mine has been sick, too. coughing, sneezing. it's awful when they are sick. . .especially when it comes smack in the middle of your alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh, there was puking here, too. I'm sorry for you!

    ReplyDelete