Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Book Review

Here is my little book review of the books that were in my book bag last week. I am adding new books to my sidebar (since today was library day).

The Joy of Imperfection: I haven't finished this book yet, but I am loving it so far. I will give a full review when I finish it.

The 5 People You Meet In Heaven: Loved this book. It was our book club book for the month. We watched the movie on book club night. The movie was excellent, and actually followed the book almost perfectly....which I have found is not usually the case when a book is made into a movie. The story is about a man who dies and goes to heaven and meets 5 people who have in someway affected his life, and each one has a lesson to teach him that he didn't learn on earth. This story is very thought provoking and makes you think about how your actions affect those around you. A must read!

Style On A Budget, and Clutter Cutters: Both excellent books. I love Better Homes and Gardens books. Their style is clean and practicle. My favorite Better Homes and Gardens decorating book is Small House Big Style...love the houses on pages 38-49 and 80-91.

Scrapbooking Your Wedding by Memory Makers: Some cute ideas. I am going to scrapbook my wedding pictures (finally, after almost 9 years of marriage), and I will use some fun ideas from this book.

Building Garden Furniture by Ray Martin & Lee Rankin: Some nice furniture. There are some cute adirondak (sp?) chairs that I might have my husband make.

The Complete Book of Garden Projects: Very nice gardens. Wish I had looked at this book before we designed our yard.

The Beauty Workbook by Cynthia Robins: A very informative book if you are teenager. I did learn some things about foundation, but not much else.

A Place for Everything by Peri Wolfam & Charles Gold: Didn't like this book at all. Very cluttered country style...which was odd since it was an organizational book. Thought it funny that they thought it was a good idea to put a large basket of toilet paper in your bathroom as a decorative statement (we are talking about a dozen rolls in a basket). Weird.

Anyway, that is my book review for the week. I hope you found it useful. I am taking off for vacation tomorrow, so I won't be around for a few days. Have a great weekend fellow bloggers.

12 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was a movie of the 5 People book. Our book club is reviewing it next week, so I'll have to check it out to refresh my memory before I go.

    How do you select books at the library? Do you have an idea before you get there, or do you get to browse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello- reader-- nice job getting through your stack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check out that 5 people book once school gets out and our schedule loosens up. I love hearing about the books you read, we definitely browse the same sections of the library! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock getting though all those books! I am SO SLOW... lol.

    Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read the 5 people book now. It's on my list! Thanks for sharing. And I am so impressed that you find time to read AND blog.

    Question: I can't find wheat germ here. Do you think I can make the granola without it? Or shall I wait until I am in the States and can find it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you really read all of those books in ONE week!!??? WOW!! You are one of my new heros! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got through your list fast! Thanks for sharing. I will have to read some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ABC Momma: I usually just look through my favorite sections at the library, or often I come across some advertisement for a book and will look for it. The movie is so good...watch it with tissues.

    Gabriela: I have made the granola without wheat germ before. I actually substituted baby cereal once (because my baby wouldn't eat it anymore), it was a little drier, but still worked okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this books in my bag idea. It makes me want to head off to the library and grab a stack. And how nice to have so many things to read at once, a book for every mood. It is remarkable that you got through so many so quickly.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawnyel: The Five People You Meet In Heaven is written by Mitch Albom

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard you have done some major scrapbooking on those wedding pages. You going to share? Pleeeez?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Oh!!! You have to share the pages of your wedding. You looked so beautiful that day!!! Please, oh please share!

    ReplyDelete