Wednesday, May 24, 2006

WFMW: Pre-cooked Meat

Here is my WFMW idea. I pre-cook meat and put it in my freezer in zippy bags. I will brown about 6 pounds of ground beef, then put 1 cup of browned beef into a bag and freeze. It is so convenient to throw in spaghetti, soups, shepherds pie, or to make into taco meat. I also do the same thing with chicken. I put about 6 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, or tenders in my crockpot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until it falls apart. I shred all the chicken and put 1 cup of cooked chicken into a zippy bag and freeze. It is great for throwing in salads, quesedillas, casseroles, or fajitas. It works for me!
  Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. You've always been good at making things ahead and putting them in the freezer. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I do it with cubed chicken, but yours is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love your organization! And you already know I love all things frozen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time visitor here. Great tip!
    I'll visit again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great idea, if I actually stuck to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea....I think I'd do this, but I have ZERO freezer space. It's something I'll try when I get a decent freezer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING the new photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea- love using my freezer for stuff like this! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so organized! Not just with cooking the meat ahead, but your basket is so orderly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yours looks so nice and organized-- saved many a day by the precooked chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've done this for years. It makes cooking so much easier, especially after a long day of work. I also shread cheese and cook and prepackage beans. Makes cooking a TON easier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW what a great idea. I'll have to remember this when I finally get my freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I like your new picture of the frog! And the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome idea, I need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea! I used to do this all the time, but I have gotten away from it. I should definitely start again.

    Thanks for the reminder! And I love the little frog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i do this to, but have never done it with such a large amount! will have to remember this my next trip to sam's.

    great blog :)

    ReplyDelete