Friday, May 12, 2006

Book Review #2:

I wasn't so great at getting through my bag of books this week since I was gone, but here are a few reviews of the books I was able to get through. I added a few more to my book bag list as well.

Great American Houses and their Architectural Styles by Virginia and Lee McAlester: Fantastic book. I want to get it for my own. They went through many architectural styles, showed what details make them unique and took you on a tour of a famous house in that style. Loved the federal style and the Queen Anne Victorian.

Country Fabric Style by Julia Bird: They used beautiful fabrics in this book. The book shows you how to make pillows, curtains, and other decorative items. Loved seeing the fabrics, but didn't find anything I wanted to make.

Simple Fountains by Dorcas (poor girl!) Adkins: We are trying to figure out what kind of pond or fountain we want to add to our yard. This book contained mostly small fountains, and indoor fountains, so it wasn't any good for what we were looking for.

Scrapbooking Baby's Cherished Moments by Rebecca Carter: Beautiful pages and fun ideas for scrapbooking baby's photos...used a couple ideas from it already.

The Best of Signature Kitchens: Beautiful pictures. A great reference book for anyone wanting to remodel or build a new kitchen...too bad I am not doing either. :(

The New Smart Approach to Kid's Rooms by Megan Connelly: Great pictures of kid's rooms in this book...they have just about everything in the book too....lots of ideas!

That's all for book review this week. Happy Reading!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love book reviews! I am going to check out the last two (kitchens and kids' bedrooms). We are thinking out remodeling our kitchen in our house in the States and I need some ideas.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see how you have time to read so many books in one week. I would do good if I could get through two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're on a roll- i love looking at kitchens

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO need that book about kids rooms. I have no idea what to put above the girls bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read the Smart Approach to Kid's Rooms, too! I'll have to check out the Architecture one (Hmm, does my little library even have an Architecture section?) I love the Federal style, too. And the Georgian. Love the book reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those all sound great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete