Saturday, May 27, 2006

Book Review #4

Here is another book review. There are not too many this time because I reviewed some of my current books with my last review.

The Buffalo Soldiers by Chris Bohjalian: I would not recommend this book. I could not even force myself to finish reading it. This was our Book Club book for the month and no one in our group really liked the book. One of the other ladies highly recommended Midwives which is by the same author.

Better Homes & Gardens New Garden Book: A great resource book for the new gardener. There is lots of different information about different kinds of plants, and great pictures. I was looking for landscaping ideas, and it didn't have a lot of those, but it was an excellent book.

Family Fun Parties: I loved this book. It is definately one for your own personal library. I thought it was just going to be birthday party ideas, but they had holiday and other party ideas. They had lots of themed party ideas...including cake, decorations, invitations, and party favors. This is definately one I am going to buy.

Well that is all for another week...happy reading!

9 comments:

  1. I love books like that. I might have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed that party one yesterday. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Family Fun books. Lots of good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will have to get me the family fun party book. I love those ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of the Family Fun books. Are they put out by Family Fun magazine? I'll have to look for them. Have a great week end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have got to get that fun parties book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always available for a party . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nettie: The Family Fun books are put out by the magazine. It is like a collection of magazines all in one book. I have a couple of them, and they are full of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete