Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hair Fuzzies....

There have been so many cute hair things going around in the blogging universe. I thought I would put on a few hair accessories that my 5-year old and I made a couple weeks ago. I am teaching a class next week in our ward on how to make these. We call them fuzzies.

To make: Take a large ponytail holder and tie 6-inch pieces of various ribbons (clip ends at an angle)around it. I like the look of using several different kinds of ribbons: sheer, crossgrain, thin, fat, etc. It takes about 24 pieces of ribbon to go around each ponytail holder. My 5-year old made the red one all by herself. They are so easy and quick and they look so cute around a ponytail. Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. Oh how cute. I wonder if my oldest would want to make them. I need to find things to keep her busy this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jettara: They would be so easy for J to make! I bet she would have fun making for all the girls in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! One of my girls favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! Wish I had someone to use them on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Itybtyfrog, I keep wanting to call you by your first name. I just deleted it.

    LOVE these!!! I have so much ribbon that I don't know what to do with, this is PERFECT!!! You seriously should write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Years ago I made these for my nieces. I used torn fabric strips. Its fun to use the fabric leftover from making clothes to make a matching hair "fuzzy". Thanks for reminding me, I will probably put my daughters to work on this project this summer, too.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! That is such a great idea! I'd love to make these for my niece when she gets more hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Itybtyfrog! I've got to go get some ribbon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, we love these too! Fuzzies is a cute name for them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, you people with bows and girl hairstyles are making me baby girl hungry. Must. have. baby. girl! Those are gorgeous bows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so Cute, but I don't think my boys would dig them all that much....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Between you and Stephanie, you got me wanting a girl so I can play with hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. how cute! I'm going to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you stand one more "Cute!" comment? They are adorable. Jettara has a good idea, my girls will love making and wearing these!

    ReplyDelete